Conferences and Events
Pace run a number of conferences and events throughout the year. Please see below for upcoming dates for your calendar.
Parents Speak Out – Crucial Partners in Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation
London Resource Centre, Holloway Road, London N7
18th October 2017
“There is no greater safeguarding tool than an informed parent” – Police Officer, Lancashire Constabulary
Pace invites you to a conference to:
• Hear from the lived experience of parents whose child has been groomed and sexually exploited
• Share how to reduce risk and increase safeguarding by working with and empowering parents
• Share what other practitioners say about what works and the value of engaging with parents
• A spokesperson from Pace’s Parent Action Group will present the recommendations drawn up by parents on best practice in reducing risk
• Three parents, drawn from London and other parts of the country, will tell their story of what happened to them and their family
• Staff from Pace will explain the role of a dedicated parent liaison officer to work with parents and act as a bridge between families and practitioners.
• The commissioning officer from Calderdale in West Yorkshire, will present how a Pace parent liaison officer helped transform the CSE Hub’s response in their area.
• A researcher from the University of Bedfordshire’s International Centre Researching CSE, Violence and Trafficking will look at how the relational safeguarding model empowers parents and contributes to reducing risk and increasing safeguarding of children and young people.
• A representative from the Centre for Expertise on Child Sexual Abuse will talk about what works in relation to tackling child abuse and CSE in particular.
• Early bird booking rate of £75, if booked by 4th September
• £95 if booked after 4th September
• Conference pack included in price, with copy of the report: ‘Parents Speak Out – crucial partners in tackling CSE’
Booking a place
• To book places, please click ‘book my place’ below
• Once booked, we will send you further conference details
“I learnt so so much about my practice, and how I can work differently to strengthen families ….
amazing and thought provoking … the event will stay with me as one of the most powerful events
I have attended.” – Delegate, Parents Speak Out – Yorkshire & Humberside, Oct 2016.