Photo: Steven Lilley
This course is a one day training course aimed at those with an existing knowledge of CSE, who want to train others inside their own organisations or deliver to a wider audience. The course is co-delivered with an affected parent who shares their experiences throughout the day. During the course delegates will complete practical delivery of parts of the course in a microteach session and we also encourage reflection of the impact that CSE has on the whole family. CPD certified.
• Understand the models of CSE and how to explain these to affected families
• Recognise the difficulties with child protection models and how the relational safeguarding model is better placed to safeguard families affected by CSE
• Recognition of what living daily with CSE entails and the effect this has on parents, siblings and wider family members as well as the victim
• Understand what is disempowering for a family living with CSE and identify how we can work to build resilience
• Discuss and identify services locally which offer support
• Prepare and deliver a microteach session using the tools and resources provided.
Who is this course for?
Professionals with an existing knowledge of CSE, who want to train others inside their own organisations or to a wider audience.