This course is a half day training course aimed at those with an existing knowledge of CSE, who will be supporting families to engage with the criminal justice process. The course is co-delivered with an affected parent who shares their experiences of the judicial process giving insight into the real fears and concerns of taking offenders to court.
• Gain an understanding of the court process from trial to sentence
• Understand how parents can be supported to gather evidence
• Recognise the difficulties families experience when reporting offences and the impact this can have on future engagement
• Learn about the successful disruption tactics used by parents
• Learn how to set individual plans for families being supported through court
• Learn about witness intimidation and the impact this has on families
• Understand the impact the court process has on the emotional and psychological wellbeing of families and victims
• Gain an understanding of pre-trial therapy for families and victims
Who is this course for?
Professionals with an existing knowledge of CSE, who will be supporting families to engage with the criminal justice process.