Photo: Steven Lilley
This course looks at the impact of CSE on families from black and minority ethnic communities (BAME) and explores effective methods of engaging with and supporting parents/carers to help safeguard the child or young person. You will look at the particular vulnerabilities faced by girls and boys and the cultural aspects that keep the issue hidden.
- Recognise cultural differences and how this should inform practice
- Understand how CSE affects people from BAME communities, in particular South Asian and Eastern European backgrounds
- Understand the barriers parents/carers may face in engaging with services
- Identify key elements of good practice
- Understand the work of Pace in relation to supporting parents/carers to safeguarding their children
Who is this course for?
- Social Workers
- Health practitioners
- Voluntary sector employees and volunteers