Level 4 Accredited Award in Child Sexual Exploitation (ACSEP)
Informed by over 21 years of working with affected families, the ACSEP course is taught by highly experienced Pace staff, affected parents and leading experts from the fields of social work, police and academia.
“Everybody working with families and children who are victims of, or at risk of, CSE should do this course” – ACSEP Graduate, July 2017
The course is an NCFE accredited award at level 4. The content covers:
- The latest research on trauma
- Best practice in working with marginalised groups
- Practical skills in how to support CSE affected families from disclosure through to the court process
- Training in therapeutic and reflective practice.
ACSEPs are CSE specialists, armed with a toolkit of cutting-edge methods in supporting affected families and helping investigations through to prosecution.
Commitment and Content
The award is a 9-day commitment, split into 3 modules:
Module one: Working with affected families
Module two: Understanding trauma and supporting families through the criminal justice system
Module three: Multi agency working and online exploitation.
“From attending just 9 days, I have improved my skill set, knowledge and practice” – ACSEP Graduate, July 2017
Who the course is suitable for
Candidates should have experience of working in CSE, in roles such as:
- Social worker
- Foster carer
- Family Intervention Officer, Family Support Worker, Troubled Family Worker
- Independent CSE Worker
- Missing from Home Specialist
- PSCOs/PCs with CSE specialism
The following entry requirements are necessary to be accepted onto the course
- An understanding of issues faced by young people and their families particularly in relation to sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Knowledge of safeguarding agencies and Local Safeguarding Children’s Board roles
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Relevant qualification, i.e. social care, probation, health, criminology, or demonstrable experience of work within a related field.
100% of graduates would recommend the course to a colleague and 100% believe that it is value for money
Assessment and Post-course Support
Students are assessed through a mixture of presentations, online assessments and assignments.
All those who pass the course are invited to join our Register of ACSEPs and will benefit from ongoing support and information from Pace.
Course Dates and Locations
All of the below courses will run from the Pace Head Office in Leeds. Our office is easily accessed from the city centre, and there is ample nearby parking.
Lunch is provided on each day.
|Course Starting||Module One||Module Two||Module Three|
|September 2018||26, 27, 28 September 2018||24, 25, 26 October 2018||26, 27, 28 November 2018|
“The best training investment we have made to date within our company” – ACSEP graduate, July 2017
£1595 early bird (book 6 weeks before course start date)
£1800 full price
We can provide advice on funding options for the course. Contact us to find out more.