Court Support and Witness Care
For families experiencing child exploitation
The judicial process can be re-traumatising and very emotionally demanding for victims and their families who have already experienced the devastation of sexual or criminal exploitation. This course will equip you with the understanding about how the judicial system works, what support helps families to engage throughout and the importance of witness care planning.
- Understand how using the relational safeguarding model supports investigations, judicial process and convictions
- Recognise the journey a child and family experience to get to a court
- Understand key concerns from children and family about providing information that leads to arrests and trials
- Recognise how robust witness care planning is vital from initial referral to post conviction in keeping families supported and engaged
- Understand the special measures that can be utilised when supporting children and families through court
- Clearly describe the pre-trial therapy options available for all victims and witnesses involved in investigations and trials
- Have a basic understanding of trauma and how to support trauma responses during trials
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who works with children and young people who are being criminally or sexually exploited.
13 October 2020 Book your place
12 January 2020
Free training for professionals in North Yorkshire
Funded by the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, professionals who are based in North Yorkshire and work alongside children and young people are eligible.
15 September Book your place