Foundation Child Exploitation Training
Informed by over 20 years of experience supporting affected families, our 1 day Level 2 Foundation Course will provide you with a clear understanding about child sexual and criminal exploitation. All children can be at risk of being exploited and to keep our communities and children safe, we have to understand how offenders behave and how this behaviour impacts victims and their families.
- Gain a clear understanding about child sexual exploitation and child criminalisation (including county lines), with an understanding of the national context and relational safeguarding
- Understand the different ways children can be groomed, both by their peers and adults
- Understand how to manage and respond to harmful sexual behaviours in schools
- Be aware of the impact the perpetrators’ behaviours have on the child, young person and family, and the support they need
- Understand about online sexual abuse and how social media is used by the perpetrators
- Recognise how to measure risk and harm, and respond appropriately including exploring the victim blaming language often used
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and explore issues including own practice examples.
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities in their roles:
- Teaching and School staff
- Residential Workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
Cost and Commissions
For individual bookings: £55 per delegate
Discounts between 10% and 30% are available for group bookings – please send us an enquiry and a member of our team will be in touch.
Schools please get in touch using our Schools Enquiry Form
The training course will be online, presented live by our leading trainers through Zoom:
5th November, 9.30am – 2.30pm Register your place
5th January, 9.30am – 2.30pm
23rd March, 9.30 – 2.30pm