Develop your understanding about child exploitation with our new webinar series. These filmed presentations are delivered by our subject matter experts who manage front-line support for families affected by child exploitation.
To pay for and watch the webinars, register with Pace Learning.
#1 Introduction to Child Exploitation
Using case studies and current best practise we explore the key themes around child exploitation; how offenders groom children, what signs to be aware of and the importance of non-judgemental, compassionate support for affected families.
- Understand how children are criminally and sexually exploited
- Understand the process of grooming
- Appreciate the the implications of victim blaming
- Know how to raise concerns
#2 Impact of Child Exploitation
This webinar examines in detail how behaviours of offenders impact the victim and their families and highlights why a trauma-informed, family-centered approach to child exploitation is critical to effective safeguarding.
- Understand how child exploitation affects victims and their families
- Develop an understanding about offender behaviour
- Understand the different trauma responses a victim, parent and family members may experience
#3 Disruption of Child Exploitation
Former Detective Sergeant, Mark Whelan explores in detail what information the police need to convict offenders, what strategies can be used to disrupt child exploitation and how to improve existing safeguarding measures.
- Understand how police use and gather evidence
- Understand in detail what legislation can be used to disrupt offenders
- Improve your ability to create holistic safeguarding plans
#4 Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
Former Detective Sergeant, Mark Whelan uses statistics, legislation and case studies to present how and why people are exploited into modern day slavery including an in-depth look at the grooming process.
- Understand what modern day slavery is
- Understand how to spot the signs
- Understand the act, means and purpose behind modern day slavery
- Understand how to report and respond to concerns
Register and Pay for the Webinars
The webinars are all available on our new Pace Online Learning Platform. The webinars each cost £10 and can be purchased individually.
Group bookings can be made through our Pace Online Learning Platform. Buy the number of courses that you would like for your organisation and after purchase, you will be given licence codes to email out to your team members. We can offer discounts for bookings of 15 or more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 240 3040.