Parent Participation – September update
To all parents and carers, a very warm welcome to you all!
To know more about how parents and Pace have been working together to create change, or to get involved in future events – please read on:
Upcoming calendar of events-
Here are some of the fabulous upcoming events that you can be part of, simply by emailing me at email@example.com or tapping me a quick text on 07960 235638.
• Wednesday 4th October 6pm-7:30pm you are welcome to join us in an online meeting, if you want to make waves and join with other parents to talk about the kinds of actions we can take both small and large to raise awareness of child exploitation and change policy and approaches. All welcome!
• Oct/ November 2023 dates to be confirmed- You can book on Pace training to become a Pace Champion with your own kit to raise awareness of child exploitation in your local area in safe and suported ways.
• Thursday 16th November 7-8:30pm online Parent Open Group Meeting- an opportunity to meet with other parent participants working with Pace to create change.
• Spring 2024 Parent Open group meeting in person at Leeds office and online- date to be confirmed.
• Want to become a public speaker supporting Pace in training, at conferences or by making resources? Just drop me a line.
From January to September 2023 a huge thanks, garland of flowers and confetti of hearts to all of the parents who made the following possible:
- An audio recording for awareness of debt bondage
- Testimonials about Pace’s support for our website and to funders
- Supporting the training of British Transport Police
- Insights and experiences shared with the researcher from the University of West London about the impact of child criminal exploitation on families
- Insights and experiences shared with the University of Portsmouth researchers about the exploitation and trafficking of children exploitation with SEND
- Participation in the parent advisory group to the University of Portsmouth
- Consulations with the Innovate project about social care’s response to families affected by harm outside the home
- Supporting the parent webinars raising awareness about child criminal exploitation
- Parent guest speakers in Pace’s training and continue to change minds and hearts of professionals