Forum Terms & Conditions
About this policy
1.2 Pace is committed to ensuring that the forum is a safe and supportive environment for all.
1.3 We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check this from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January, 2014.
2.1 The forum is a safe and supportive environment that is not visible to the general public. Please be sensitive and respectful of yourself, other members and the space provided.
2.2 You may read, view, reply and contribute to the content of the forum for private and personal non-commercial use only provided that all content conforms to these terms and conditions.
2.3 You may edit your own contributions after posting for a limited time, after which any requests to edit or remove material will need to be directed to a Pace administrator. You may also view the history of your contributions to the forum.
2.4 You may edit and view your own profile information, including your displayed username.
2.5 You may subscribe and unsubscribe to topics and replies in the forum and will be notified by email of any new posts for any subscriptions you hold.
2.6 You may choose to end your membership to the forum at any time by contacting Pace. We will endeavour to action your request within two working days.
3.1 Users are legally responsible for the content of their posts. By using the forum, users agree not to use the forum to:
- A. Post personal details of yourself or others. Please do not reveal any personal information about yourself or others in forum posts or profile details as it might inadvertently put you or someone else at risk. For your own personal protection, please do not post identifying personal details such as your address, email address or phone number. Note that other forum users will be able to view your profile, including your chosen screenname and post history. Your email address is only available to Pace administrators of the forum.
- B. Contact forum users privately. If you wish to connect outside of the forum provided, please discuss this first with a Pace Parent Support Worker.
- C. Risk contempt of court. Once a suspect is arrested for an offence, or offences, legal restrictions apply. The 1981 Contempt of Court Act makes it a serious criminal offence, once someone’s been arrested, to publish anything which could prejudice their trial. Being arrested doesn’t in itself indicate guilt, so messages posted to the forum which presume a suspect is guilty also risk defaming the suspect.
Please use caution when discussing reports of an arrest or court proceedings. Even linking to archived news stories, blog entries and comments may be unlawful as UK contempt law would usually prohibit any reference to the previous conviction(s) of someone facing new court proceedings. In addition, courts sometimes impose restrictions that prohibit the publication of specific information such as names and addresses of defendants.
Any message that encourages or condones illegal activity or criminal behaviour will be removed.
- D. Abuse, offend or disrupt others. Please be mindful of using swear words or other language that is likely to offend some members of the community.
Language that is considered harassing, threatening or that causes harm or distress to any person will be subject to moderation and possible removal. Racist, sexist, homophobic, disablist, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise discriminatory, defamatory or objectionable material will be removed and if extreme will result in immediate and permanent restriction of your account.
- E. Break the law. Contributing material to the Pace forum with the intention to commit a crime, break the law, or condone or encourage unlawful activity is prohibited. In addition we may remove posts which we consider could endanger others.
- F. Advertise a product, service or website. If the resource is relevant to the discussion or if it is helping another user, links to third party products may be acceptable. However, Pace reserves the right to remove posts that constitute spam or promote unrelated products and services.
- H. Impersonate somebody else. All forum users are assigned one account. Multiple accounts are not permitted. Please do not share your account details, user login or password with anyone.
- Compromise the forum. Do not post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
3.2 Forum content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without express prior written consent from Pace.
4.1 The forum is first and foremost a parent-led community for the provision of mutual support by parents, for parents. It is available 24 hours a day on the basis that members take personal responsibility for their participation in the community, using the guidelines provided.
4.3 Not all posted messages will be actively monitored and as such Pace is not responsible for the content contained within the forum. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented by other users in the forum. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum’s owner.
4.4 We reserve the right to withdraw posts that are found to violate these terms and conditions as well as to withdraw access to our website at any time.
Reporting objectionable content
5.1 Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify Pace of this immediately. If you have a concern about a particular post, you can email the Pace at email@example.com.
5.2 Reports will be read by Pace staff and action will be taken if appropriate within two business days.
5.3 Pace reserves the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. Please note that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to objectionable member profile information as well.
Violation of terms and conditions
6.1 Wherever possible, Pace will endeavour to discuss the violation with the user prior to taking further action.
6.2 Please note that Pace reserves the right to edit, move or delete any message, or terminate membership, at any time, for any reason.
6.3 Users who seriously or repeatedly violate these terms and conditions may have their accounts pre-moderated or permanently restricted and will not be allowed to return to the forum with a new account.
Warranties and liability
7.1 Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The content has been included in good faith and is only for your general information and is for non-commercial use. In particular, the content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by Pace and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions or to be a substitute for obtaining professional advice.
7.2 You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering into any commitment or taking any other form of action or inaction based upon them. Pace does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of postings submitted by users on the forum, or endorse any opinions expressed by users.
7.3 All conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings express or implied statutory or otherwise in respect of the provision of the content and the site are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7.4 The content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Pace makes no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the content. Pace does not warrant that the site will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
7.5 Save as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions, Pace shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including, without limit, loss of property or profit, business revenue or opportunity or anticipated savings and loss of or damage to any data) or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of or access to the Site, forum, content or any part thereof or in respect of any defect therein or any failure to provide or the late delivery of the same howsoever arising. Pace does not exclude its liability for death and personal injury caused by its negligence.
7.6 You agree to indemnify and hold Pace and its officers, employees and agents harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising from your use of the site (including, but not limited to, your use of the forum).
8.1 You may contact the Pace forum administrator by email firstname.lastname@example.org.