Three Peaks Challenge
Last year we safeguarded 857 children and worked with 485 families. You can help us reach more families and safeguard more children by signing up to our virtual Three Peaks Challenge.
“My Pace worker was there for me when no-one else was. She listened and supported. She explained and helped me to understand. She was truly amazing.” Parent
“At last somebody else understood what I was going through and how I was feeling.” Parent
Every step you take will be a step towards helping us be there for parents and children who need us today.
- Gather your friends, family, colleagues or chose to do a solo climb
- Pick a date to complete your challenge
- Choose your mountain below
- Send us an email and so we can support you with your fundraising
- Set up a JustGiving Page
Challenge yourself as an individual or as a team to virtually climb one of Yorkshires Three Peaks. Use our formula below to calculate how many flights of stairs you need to climb.
- Count the number of stairs you have in each flight.
- Calculate the height of your stairs in metres by multiplying the number of stairs by 0.25
- Choose which mountain peak you would like to climb:
Pen-y-ghent – 694m
Whernside – 736m
Ingleborough – 723m
- Divide the height of your chosen challenge by the height of your flight of stairs. This will give you how many times you need to go up and down the stairs!
Penny has 30 stairs and she wants to climb Pen-y-ghent together with her 2 sons and partner. So we find the total meter height of Penny’s stairs by multiplying 0.25 by 30 = 7.5. Then we divide the height of Pen-y-ghent by 7.5 to determine the total number of stairs they need to climb together. 694 / 7.5 = 92.5. They want to climb the mountain together, so divide 92.5 by 4 which is 23 – so they each need to climb to the top of the stairs 23 times!
Please do email us at email@example.com if you would like support calculating your stair climb.
Spread the word
Share about your challenge with your friends, family and colleagues and ask them to sponsor you. Please share your challenge on social media platforms and don’t forget to tag us in your posts on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Download our Three Peaks Challenge Facebook Profile Frame.
All Three Peak Challenge participants will receive special certificates.