Do you need to develop your awareness and understanding of child exploitation to help keep the children and young people you work or come into contact with safe? This one-day Foundation Child Exploitation Course covering criminal exploitation (including county lines) and sexual exploitation is for anyone working in schools and education.
Attend our one-day foundation course to increase your understanding of the methods offenders use to groom and exploit children and young people, and how to respond. You will also increase your understanding of the risks, harm, trauma responses of children and families, and their barriers to accessing support.
Being able to recognise the signs early and understand how to respond effectively is vital. Your early responses can also help to prevent children and young people from being exploited and the longer-term impacts exploitation has.
- Gain a clear understanding about child sexual exploitation and child criminalisation (including county lines), with an understanding of the national context and relational safeguarding.
- Be aware of the impact the perpetrators’ behaviours have on the child, young person and family, and the support they need.
- Understand how social media is used by the perpetrators.
- Recognise how to measure risk and harm, and respond appropriately including exploring the victim blaming language often used.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and explore issues including own practice examples.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who works with children at risk of exploitation, or who comes into contact with children and families in their role.