Advanced child exploitation training (ACE)
This groundbreaking two-day course will equip professionals with insight into:
- Trafficking and modern slavery
- Criminalisation (county lines)
- Sexual exploitation
You will hear from families affected by child exploitation who will share their experiences to support your learning.
Course learning outcomes
- Understand the various forms of child exploitation
- Be able to recognise how the various forms of child exploitation interlink
- Increase your knowledge of key legislation, policy, national approaches and good practice
- Understand the impact of child exploitation on families, and how to work along families to increase your capacity to safeguard children who are being exploited
Unit 1: Pace, child exploitation and child sexual exploitation
Introduction to the legislation/policy changes and approaches nationally in supporting child exploitation. Case examples of child sexual exploitation/child exploitation from our perspective and the role of parents in responding to it.
Unit 2: Trafficking and modern day slavery
Case examples of the different forms of exploitation involved in trafficking and modern day slavery and the legislation that is key to identifying traffickers and supporting victims.
Unit 3: Radicalisation
Case examples of grooming for violent extremism and legislation, best practise and the the national picture. We will also explore how radicalisation can cross over into child sexual exploitation/child exploitation.
Unit 4: Criminalisation (County lines)
Case examples of being groomed to be a gang member, legislation, best practise and guidance. We will also explore the current responses to children involved.
Who is this course for?
All practitioners with experience of working with people affected by child exploitation or who are looking to move into this area from a single specialism. This includes but is not limited to:
• Staff working within or alongside child exploitation multi-agency hubs
• Social workers
• Family intervention officer, family support worker, troubled family worker
• Independent and voluntary sector CSE workers
• Missing from home specialist
• Police community support officer (PSCOs) and police constables (PCs) with a CSE specialism
• Care home workers
• Foster carers
£450 per delegate
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
Course dates and locations
The Leeds course will run from the Pace Head Office. Our office is easily accessed from the city centre, and there is ample nearby parking.
The London course will run from the Central London Samaritans building in Soho.
Upcoming course dates:
18th & 19th June 2019 (London)