Child Exploitation Training – Responding to extra-familial harm
Informed by over 25 years of experience supporting affected families, our course will provide you with a clear understanding about child sexual and criminal exploitation. All children can be at risk of being exploited and to keep our communities and children safe, we have to understand how offenders behave and how this behaviour impacts victims and their families.
- Understand typologies of CSE and CCE
- Define and understand child sexual exploitation (CSE); child criminal exploitation (CCE) and grooming
- Learn about the National Referral Mechanism and Modern Slavery Act
- Understand the Contextual Safeguarding Approach
- Learn about Trauma Informed Practice
- Understand what victim blaming is and how to challenge it
- Understand the work of Pace and the Relational Safeguarding Model
“I felt this training was a breath of fresh air from people with decades of knowledge and experience and clearly co-produced with those who have lived experience. I certainly was not death by PowerPoint and the interactive activities felt organic rather than forced. Even as a relatively experienced safeguarding professional seeking refresher training, I left learning new things.”
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities in their roles:
- Teaching and School staff
- Residential Workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
Cost and Commissions
Bespoke costings can be provided by contacting us.
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
The training course will be online, presented live by Sarah Hall on MS Teams.
Meet the trainer
Dr Sarah Hall has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.