Online Safety and Harms
In our Online Safety and Harms Training we look at how children are groomed online and how to respond with effective safeguarding measures. Gain an understanding of the current context of online exploitation and the risks posed to children.
- Understand what online grooming and exploitation looks like
- Recognise the signs and indicators of online abuse
- Have an awareness of how offenders are using online technology to target, groom and exploit children
- Understand the impact online grooming and exploitation has on victims and their families
- Explore current legislation relating to online grooming and exploitation
- Support and increase confidence in responding to online abuse
This course is CPD accredited.
Who is this course for?
- Teaching and School staff
- Residential workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
Bespoke costings can be provided by contacting us.
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
1.00pm – 4.00pm
Online, via MS Teams.
Meet the trainer
Dr Sarah Hall has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.
Sarah’s recent publications