Contextual Safeguarding Training
This course provides an opportunity to learn about Contextual Safeguarding and how Pace’s Relational Safeguarding fits into the Contextual Safeguarding approach. We cover the history of Contextual Safeguarding, what it is and how it works in practice.
Lessons learnt from Contextual Safeguarding pilot sites are discussed, including thinking about how, in our own practice, we can take it forward. We also utilise a case study in order to put the theory we have learnt into practice.
- Learn what Contextual Safeguarding is and how it works in practice
- Learn about the history of Contextual Safeguarding and its principles
- Understand the Pace Relational Safeguarding Model
- Understand how Contextual Safeguarding and Relational Safeguarding can work in unison to create a holistic, robust safeguarding plan for children at risk of exploitation
- Learn how to work with the Contextual Safeguarding approach beyond referrals and how to use assessment frameworks
- Understand safety mapping, case weighting and partnership working
- Learn the importance of quality assuring language
- Apply learning to a case study
Fantastic course, I would highly recommend it. Great mix of interaction and information. Thank you
Who is this course for?
- Residential workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
- Teaching and School staff
For individual bookings: £55 per delegate
Discounts between 10% and 30% are available for group bookings – please send us an enquiry and a member of our team will be in touch.
The training course will be online, presented live by Dr Sarah Lloyd on zoom.
21 September 2021 9.30am – 3pm Book your place
13 December 2021 9.30am – 3pm Book your place
16 March 2022 9.30am – 3pm Book your place
Meet the Trainer
Dr Sarah Lloyd has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.