Contextual Safeguarding Training
Our two courses offer participants the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding into how to apply Contextual Safeguarding to their practice and put into place holistic safeguarding measures to keep young people safe from harm.
This course provides an opportunity to learn about Contextual Safeguarding and how Pace’s Relational Safeguarding fits into the Contextual Safeguarding approach. We cover the history of Contextual Safeguarding, what it is and how it works in practice.
Lessons learnt from Contextual Safeguarding pilot sites are discussed, including thinking about how, in our own practice, we can take it forward. We also utilise a case study in order to put the theory we have learnt into practice.
- Learn what Contextual Safeguarding is and how it works in practice
- Learn about the history of Contextual Safeguarding and its principles
- Understand the Pace Relational Safeguarding Model
- Understand how Contextual Safeguarding and Relational Safeguarding can work in unison to create a holistic, robust safeguarding plan for children at risk of exploitation
- Learn how to work with the Contextual Safeguarding approach beyond referrals and how to use assessment frameworks
- Understand safety mapping, case weighting and partnership working
- Learn the importance of quality assuring language
- Apply learning to a case study
- This course is CPD accredited.
Fantastic course, I would highly recommend it. Great mix of interaction and information. Thank you.
PACE is the leading organisation in this field as far as our organisation are concerned . Their training programmes , based on knowledge of the field , are the gold standard and training with PACE should be mandatory for anyone undertaking this type of work .
Who is this course for?
- Residential workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
- Teaching and School staff
For individual bookings: £65 per delegate
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
This course will be delivered online, via MS Teams, presented live by Dr Sarah Hall.
7th February 2024 Book your place
Meet the Trainer
Dr Sarah Hall has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.
Sarah’s recent publications
Advanced Contextual Safeguarding
Learn from real life experience and academic theory, giving participants the opportunity to apply contextual safeguarding to a real case study and hone their assessment planning skills.