Foundation Child Exploitation Training
Do you want to develop your awareness of child criminalisation (including county lines) and sexual exploitation to help keep the children and young people you work or come into contact with safe?
Our 1 day Level 2 Foundation Course is based on over 20 years’ experience of working alongside families affected by child exploitation. It is for anyone who works with children at risk of exploitation, or who comes into contact with children and families in their role.
This training will increase your understanding of the methods offenders use to groom and exploit children and young people, and how to respond.
- Gain a clear understanding about child sexual exploitation and child criminalisation (including county lines), with an understanding of the national context and relational safeguarding.
- Be aware of the impact the perpetrators’ behaviours have on the child, young person and family, and the support they need.
- Understand how social media is used by the perpetrators.
- Recognise how to measure risk and harm, and respond appropriately including exploring the victim blaming language often used.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and explore issues including own practice examples.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who works with children and young people at risk of exploitation, or who comes into contact with children and families in their role.
£145 per delegate
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.