Neurodiversity, SEND and child exploitation training course
Improve your understanding about how to support and empower exploited children who are on the autistic spectrum.
- Recognise neurodiversity and the way young people with autism negotiate the world;
- Understand the experiences of children who being exploited and are on the autistic spectrum
- Understand how to break down barriers and empower young people who are autistic to make disclosures and receive support
- Understand trauma and presenting behaviours that can be masked due to the behaviours of a neurodivergent child.
- Learn good practice approaches in working with all children and families who have been or are at risk of exploitation
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities in their roles:
- Teaching and School staff
- Residential Workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
Cost and Commissions
For individual bookings: £65 per delegate
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
This course will be delivered online, via MS Teams.
8th February 2024 Book your place
Meet the Trainer
Dr Sarah Hall has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.