Trauma informed practice
Understand how trauma presents in families living with child exploitation and gain skills to apply a trauma informed approach.
The course explores how trauma can impact relationships within affected families and considers how professionals can offer support using a trauma informed approach.
The course support’s the development of positive relationships between professionals and families. Increasing the understanding of behaviours indicative of trauma.
- Develop your understanding of trauma
- Understand the impact of trauma on parents of exploited children
- Recognise the health impact on parents living with trauma
- Understand the barriers families can face when their trauma is misunderstood
- Explore tools for working effectively with traumatised families
- Learn how to embed a trauma informed approach into your practice
Who is this course for?
- Teaching and School staff
- Residential workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
For individual bookings: £35 per delegate
09.30 – 13.00pm
19 May 2021 SOLD OUT
Discounts between 10% and 30% are available for group bookings – please send us an enquiry and a member of our team will be in touch.
The training course will be online, presented live by Sarah Lloyd on zoom.
Meet the trainer
Dr Sarah Lloyd has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.